Your Building Matters
We can help manage it! Personalized Property Management Services commercial property management team works hand-in-hand with our clients to create customized plans that build effective solutions for all property related issues. Our experience combines market knowledge with a client focused approach, making PPM the clear choice in property management.
PPM’s COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICE INCLUDES:
• Tenant Retention Program
• Full Service Accounting and Reporting
• Preventative Maintenance Program
• Owner Communication and Updates
• Budget Preparations
• Lease Renewals
• Tenant Expansions
• Property Stabilization
• Building Evaluations and Recommendations
• Utility Cost Savings and Efficiency
• Optional “Green” Building Operations
• Vendor Oversight
• Risk Management
• Lease Administration
• Quality and Cost Control
Many important factors to consider when hiring a Commerical Real Estate Management Firm are:
1. Experience of the Firms’ Owner(s). This is extremely important. In today’s economy there seems
to be an endless supply of companies that provide property management. While there are many strong property management firms,
numerous companies have been started by principals with very little management experience. Itisi mportant to determine how long these people have been working in commercial property management, and to make sure that this is not a “quick fix” business to carry
them through the recession. Thus, make sure you ask fort heir background, history and resume before spending too much time with a particular firm.
2.Experience of the Property Managers. Similarly, in a down economy we start seeing anyone with real estate experience offering to become a property manager. Many firms, like ours, have specific hiringrequirements andstandardsforpropertymanagers; the proper education, training and background must be met. If an inexperiencedmanageris hired, it is just a matter of time before your property will
suffer. Ask to meet the individual managers.
3. Maintenance. How strong is the firm’s maintenance staff? Are they in-house and are they qualified? Can they assure an immediate response to Tenant and Building issues? In today’s Tenant-driven market, it is important that Tenants are not waiting days for service requests. Major service calls need to be addressed immediately for the integrity of the building. Minor items should be handled as
quickly as possible, since these sometimes “annoying” items will slowly build animosity from the Tenant toward Management and ownership. Ask to see how each work order is handled and how the preventative maintenance is documented and managed. Meet one or more ofthemaintenance personnel, asthese individuals are in front oftheTenants on a regular basis and should look clean-cut and professional.
4. Tenant Relations Procedures. Experienced firms have tenant relations proceduresin place,such as Tenant movein and move-out policies, after- hours contact systems and emergency procedures.
5.Tenant Retention. Does the management firm have an established plan to maintain relations for the duration of the Tenancy? What efforts are being made to retain Tenants now and upon theirlease expiration? In thisTenant-driven economy, the Tenant Retention Plan can be the determining factor of a Building’s survival. Ask to see what plan
would be in place for your building.
6. Financial Reporting. Are you going to be provided with monthly reports and a budgetforthe building? What do the reports contain and are they user friendly? Can they be set up in a different format for accounting purposes? Ask to see what can be provided.
7. Tenant Retention. Does the management firm have an established plan to maintain relations for the duration of the Tenancy? What efforts are being made to retain Tenants now and upon their lease expiration? In this Tenant driven economy, the Tenant Retention
Plan can be the determining factor of a Building’s survival. Ask to see what plan would be in place for your building.
8. Financial Reporting. Are you going to be provided with monthly reports and a budget for the building? What do the reports contain and are
they user friendly? Can they be set up in a different format for accounting purposes? Ask to see what can be provided.
When you are working with PPM, you are working with one of the BEST Commercial Property Management Companies from Georgetown to San Antonio!
Give us a call at 512-338-6098 Today!
Copyright © 2020 Personalized Property Management - All Rights Reserved.